Don’t ever fake it till you make it




I’ve seen this popular advice ‘Fake It Till You Make It’ many times and I never agreed with it.
It’s nonsense phrase for me, it’s more like ‘Fake It Till You’re Completely Fake’


I know ‘Fake It Till You Make It’ is quietly normalized, especially in the social media and corporate world.
I still think it’s terrible and dangerous advice.
Why? Because you will always be a ‘Fake’.
Maybe it starts as a little bit of pretending, then it becomes a habit, then it becomes an identity.

I know this popular advice was originally meant to encourage people to fake their confidence, but if they have to fake it for too long and they’re good at playing pretend, they end up faking their way through other things in life as well.
Emotions, life status, mental health, etc.


I’ve witnessed some people overdoing it, taking it too far, and as an observer who can spot fakery from a mile away, I’ve seen it became their second nature. They keep faking things for whatever reason.
Pretending to have things they don't have, pretending to be someone they're not, pretending to experience places they’ve never visited, pretending to sell homemade food but it’s actually store-bought, pretending to have a job somewhere, pretending to have a relationship with someone, pretending almost everything and building an online identity that contradicts their real life.
They might eventually ‘Make It’ one day, but fake things don’t last long. It backfires.
What made it even more ironic was that some of them had once confidently spoken out against borrowing money, yet their lives now revolve around dealing with several debts every month.
Their words and reality are completely opposite.

This topic may sound offensive, but it’s only offensive to those who actually live that way and it still needs to be said.
There’s something pathetic about people who live by the ‘Fake It Till You Make It’ mentality.
Not because they’re actually struggling and drowning in a pile of dirty dishes with no proper sink, but because their fake attitude and the way they’ve been living a lie haven’t changed much over the years since they’ve too focused on creating an image and trying to be convincing which is actually slowing them down.
I honestly feel sorry for that.
What goes around comes around.

‘Fake It Till You Make It’ isn’t growth.
It’s form of lying.
We all carry silent struggles, but we must never let those struggles turn us into liars.
Life is too short to fake around.

So don’t, don’t ever fake it till you make it.
Face It And Keep It Real.

Animated Word Love Black